Tompkins Park Community and Recreation Association Code of Conduct
Tompkins Club is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the well-being of all its staff and members, ensuring a positive, family-friendly and enjoyable experience for all. The Club believes that it is important that all members, their family and their guests should, at all times, show respect and understanding for the safety and welfare of others.
Staff and Members are encouraged to be open at all times and to share any concerns or complaints that they may have about any aspect of the Club with the Board.
As a member of Tompkins Club, you are expected to abide by the following Code of Conduct:
- All members must respect the rights, dignity and privacy of all staff and members regardless of age, gender, ability, race, cultural background, religious beliefs or sexual identity.
- Members should recognise the valuable contribution made by the Staff in creating an inclusive environment for all members and demonstrate respect in all interactions
- All members should treat all Staff and other members with the same level of respect that they would expect to be shown to them.
- Members should not use inappropriate or offensive language, or disrespectful innuendo.
- The use of drugs on Club premises is strictly prohibited.
- All members are expected to dress sensibly. Their appearance should neither offend or shock others, nor detract from the image and integrity of the Club. The following are prohibited at all times:
– Spikes or studs
– Soiled training kit
– Clothing with racist, offensive, or obscene motifs
- Bullying or harassment of any sort will not be tolerated.
- Members are responsible for the behaviour of any guests they introduce to the Club and must ensure that their behaviour, at all times, conforms to this Code of Conduct.
The Board of Tompkins will warn any member about his/her conduct and may place conditions upon membership. If the Board is of the opinion that a member has breached the Club’s Code of Conduct, then the Board will take appropriate disciplinary action that may include membership suspension or expulsion.